Saturday, May 1, 2010

Japanese Food in Ion


Watami

Many magazine recommended this japanese restaurant in Ion. It was a famous franchise restaurant from Japan.

I tried these 4 types of food in the pictures. Ramen tasted quite good but i have a fussy taste over ramen. I love ramen with springy noodles, pork flavour kind of sweet soup with "melt in your mouth" pork thus this ramen could not fulfill all my requirements.










But the skewer chicken tasted just like what the magazine stated. This can be a place for you and your friends to sit down and drink sake, eat snack food to chit chat.

Before i left, i tried their dessert coz my credit card has some discount thus the dessert was like free for us. Quite nice. It was cold crepe with red bean paste and green tea ice cream.



Ginza Bairin

Saw this super long queue at the basement of Ion. Magazines recommended this place too. You have to queue outside to order the food. Fast food restaurant kind of concept but they will try to find table for you.

The only problem here was that the wait for the food was really too long. Those queuing in front of me have all gotten their food. But maybe the set that i ordered was their recommended award-winning special set thus my wait was really double of other customers.

I tried the katsu set and tempura prawns. I like the crispy chicken, sweet rice sauce and melting egg of the special kastu set but i tried better one in Toyko thus i wasn't that impressed by it. Tempura prawn was quite normal though. Moreover, i think the wait was just too long for me.





No comments: