Saturday, May 1, 2010

Food in Kovan

Fish Steamboat

Went to try this fish steamboat at the coffeeshop in front of Kovan interchange after watching 煮炒来了. Also, ordered the prawn roll. The soup tasted sweet and delicious, fish was fresh and they gave us a lot of vegetables and yam. But dunno why i still preferred the one near Potong Pasir highway. The prawn roll there tasted better too. Just that the queue was really too long.


Wanton Mee

This was my favourite wanton mee stall at the Kovan market. I recommended this stall to my friends and they love it too. Do not come on Weds and Thurs coz they rest on these 2 days of the week and they will rest for a long period during CNY. Sometimes, they closed for a long period for holiday. I think they must be earning a lot to close so frequently.

The noodle is springy, wanton is yummy and i like the sauce and soup also. The auntie there is very friendly too. There was one time when she told me that some of the wanton were spoilt so she didn't have enough to sell me just wanton soup (my usual side order). There was another time when she saw me re-queuing to buy back for my family. She asked me to jump the queue. One bad point is that the queue is just too long. I needed to wait for almost an hour most of the times.


Nasi Lemak

This was the Punggol Nasi Lemak opposite Kovan MRT station. The stall only opens at night for dinner and supper. But do not come on Thurs coz it will be closed.

The chicken wings are one of the most yummy food here. My friends like the sambal long beans and curry vegetables. Of course, the rice and chilli are good too. Btw, the queue here is incredibly long too. I think that might be one of the reasons why people like the food here. Singaporeans always like to queue for food. They think that it will definitely be nice if there is a queue.


Fried Hokkien Mee & Oyster Egg


These dishes were sold in one of the old coffeeshop opposite Kovan MRT (somewhere near Punggol Nasi Lemak). I didn't really notice it until I watched the variety show 排排站查查看. The show mentioned that the Hokkien Mee didn't use any pork or pork lard in order to cater to Muslim customers. But it tasted just as nice and fragrance. I like it! But the oyster egg didn't taste as good. I felt that it was just too oily.



No comments: