Monday, August 9, 2010

Skinny Pizza @ Wheelock Place

This was a upmarket pizza restaurant which was featured by some magazines. The price range was considered at the higher end compared to our normal pizza restaurants.

I ordered the mushroom soup as the starter. It had such a strong mushroom taste that i couldn't finish the soup after a few spoons of it. But if you like the raw mushroom taste, i think you will be a big fan of this soup. My friends totally love it. We also ordered the french fries and fried sweet potato fries as side dishes. The sweet potato was special but i think it could taste better. It was too sweet and soggy.









They offered a very special variety of pizzas which you don't normally see in pizza restaurants.

Their pizza skin was very thin and crispy. It tasted like cracker more than pizza skin. I tried the meatball with spaghetti kind of tomato base. They gave a very generous portion of vegetable on top of all the pizzas. But my friends didn't like the bitter taste of the vegetables. I quite like this though. At least, you know you are having a balance meal with the huge portion of vegetables. For my pizza, there was a lot of meatballs and slices of raw cheese. It was my cup of tea.


I tried Hwee Hoon's mushroom pizza and it was weird for me too. The mushroom was sticky and has very strong mushroom taste. I think 1 slice was still ok for me but i won't eat the whole pizza with this filling on top.


Next, I tried the blueberry with turkey ham which was ordered by Cat. The blueberry sauce was sweet and tasted strange with turkey ham. I had to take out the sauce when i ate it. But if you like blueberry, this should be the kind of pizza that you like. I like the turkey ham though. The serving of ham was generous too.


Sheena ordered the ratatouille pizza which had a lot of vegetables. I am not keen with prickles kind of vegetables so i totally cannot remembered the taste of it.


Overall, it was kind of interesting to try this place if you are a pizza fan.

No comments: